Total Time 50 Min
Active Time 35 Min
Prep Time 15 Min
You serve the tinga either in toast, in tacos, in sopes or minced, either alone, with rice or whatever else you fancy. There are many ways to serve it and it is so easy and delicious.
1 kg chicken breasts
1 onion girl, filleted
4 red tomatoes
2 chipotle peppers or to taste
½ cup water or broth
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
Tostadas or Tortillas (Check out our Komali Tortillas or try making them on your own with Naturelo Maiz Flour)
1. Place the chicken breasts in a small pot, cover with water and add salt. Let them boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low and cook until they are cooked, approximately 20 to 25 minutes (depends on the size). Let cool a bit and unravel.
2. Blend tomatoes, chipotle, salt, pepper and water or broth.
3. Cook the onion in a little oil for about 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth.
4. Add the mixture of the blender, the bay leaf and cook 3 minutes.
5. Add the shredded chicken, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Cook 5 to 8 minutes more.
7. After the time, remove the bay leaf and serve as you please and enjoy!