Total Time 25 Min
Active Time 15 Min
Prep Time 10 Min
Chilaquiles is a dish made with fried tortilla (totopos), bathed in a sauce, topped with lots of cheese, shredded chicken (optional), chopped onions and cream. The chilaquiles can be crunchy or "aguaditos". Accompany them with delicious refried beans.
4 large tomatoes
1 chile serrano (to your liking)
1 garlic clove
Salt to taste
Shredded chicken (optional)
1. Put the tomatoes, chili and onion in a pan of water, once the water is boiling turn the heat off.
2. Blend the previous ingredients perfectly, add the garlic and salt to taste.
3. In a pot add a little oil and pour in the sauce, let it boil, lower the heat and let it continue boiling, check the seasoning.
4. Place the chips ready on plates for each person.
5. Pour the hot sauce over the tortilla chips and garnish with plenty of cheese, shredded chicken (optional), chopped onion and sour cream.