Total Time 20 Min
Active Time 10 Min
Prep Time 10 Min
The burrito is a dish originally from the border city of Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua. This recipe consists of a large wheat flour tortilla that wraps different types of stuffing.
400g ground beef
1 cup refried beans (try our Isadora or San Marcos refried beans)
1/2 cup grated cheese that melts
6 extra-Large flour tortillas
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ tablespoon salt
- First cut the 100g of lettuce into strips and reserve.
- Then cut the ½ onion and 2 tomatoes into squares and reserve them too.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat..
- Put the onion in the pan and fry it for about 1 minute, until the onion looks a little transparent; move regularly.
- Add 400g of ground beef and fry it for about 5 minutes, until it is moderately cooked; move regularly.
- Put in the pan:
1 cup of Refried Beans.
½ tablespoon of salt
- Stir the ingredients together and fry until the meat is well cooked.
TO MAKE THE BURRITOS
- Heat 1 extra-large flour tortilla over medium heat for about 30 to 40 seconds on each side.
- Remove the tortilla from the comal and put the following ingredients in the center of the tortilla:
A bit of the grated cheese
A little of the stuffing
A few squares of the tomatoes
Some strips of the Lettuce
Note: The cheese is placed between the hot tortilla and the hot filling so that the heat of these 2 ingredients melts it.
- Fold the ends of the tortilla inwards and then roll the beef burrito and it is ready to serve.