Total Time 25 Min
Active Time 15 Min
Prep Time 10 Min
Red rice can be considered as the simple version of Mexican rice since this rice is cooked without vegetables. Feel free to add some, für example peas or corn kernels.
1 cup White Rice
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
½ tablespoon Salt
- Put in a blender:
1 clove garlic.
And blend the ingredients very well.
- Pour the mixture that has been liquefied into a measuring cup and verify that it has 2 cups of sauce at the end of the reservation.
- Rinse 1 cup of white rice in a colander, then reserve.
- Heat in a saucepan 1 tablespoon of olive oil over low heat.
- Put in the saucepan the cup of white rice that you rinsed and fry it for about 3 minutes, until it acquires a golden color; move constantly. The rice has to brown just a little bit so that it acquires the red color well.
- Add in the pan:
½ tablespoon of salt (or try our Sazon Natural seasoning for red rice)
- Stir it well and let the sauce boil over high heat. When the sauce is boiling reduce to low heat, cover the saucepan and leave the rice cooking for about 15 minutes, until the liquid has been consumed completely.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes, until the grains of rice absorb the moisture and are loose. Enjoy!